Cute kid. You seem to have a pretty good likeness going, and you've captured his expression/personality. I did a paint-over in another post you can check out for some ideas. I didn't have your photo reference so i did the best I could. It may look less like him, but notice how I simplified the value structure, toning down the reflected light areas to unify the shadows and focusing on letting the light describe the forms of the face in as simple a way as I can, letting subtleties stay subtle.
Also, on the monochrome version, see if you can find some areas where it works to let the grays come through, like in the shadow ares, and other areas you can really push more intensely saturated color.
Cute kid. You seem to have a pretty good likeness going, and you've captured his expression/personality. I did a paint-over in another post you can check out for some ideas. I didn't have your photo reference so i did the best I could. It may look less like him, but notice how I simplified the value structure, toning down the reflected light areas to unify the shadows and focusing on letting the light describe the forms of the face in as simple a way as I can, letting subtleties stay subtle.
ReplyDeleteAlso, on the monochrome version, see if you can find some areas where it works to let the grays come through, like in the shadow ares, and other areas you can really push more intensely saturated color.
ReplyDelete